From ZIP Arena in Okayama, June 3rd 2019
1) “The Octopus” Jonathan Gresham & IWGP Junior Tag Champion SHO vs Yuya Uemura & Tiger Mask
Winners: SHO & Gresham after Uemura unloaded on SHO with big Slaps, he hit the ropes, only for SHO to lay him out with a Lariat and follow with The Lumbar Check and the cover, but Yuya kicked out! SHO quickly wrapped him up in a Boston Crab, forcing the Young Lion to Tap Out! (Really fun! The Young Lions continue to be the bright spot in their opportunities during this tournament. SHO was a powerhouse. Gresham and Tiger Mask have fantastic chemistry and work so damn well together)
2) ROH World Six Man Tag Champions Villain Enterprises (“The Villain” Marty Scurll & Brodie King) vs IWGP United States Champion “The Flamboyant” Juice Robinson & Toa Henare
Winners: Juice & Henare after Robinson avoided King as he charged into the corner, causing Scurll and King to collide, Juice blasted King with a punch, knocked Marty off the apron with The Left Hand to God and then drilled King with The Left Hand to God, followed with Pulp Friction to get the win. (Fun as hell! Brodie King is a legit stud and I’m stoked to see the matchups in his future. Henare and King had some real fun sequences. Juice prepares for a fight.)
3) “The Stone Pitbull” Tomohiro Ishii & Shota Umino vs Suzuki-Gun (NEVER Openweight Champion TAICHI & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Winners: Suzuki-Gun after Kanemaru used a Drop Toe Hold to send Umino’s head into the bottom turnbuckle, Yoshinobu followed with a Sliding Dropkick to Shota’s head and then a Lifting Reverse DDT, covering for a 2. Kanemaru followed with Deep Impact and the pin.
4) Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito & “The Dragon” Shingo Takagi) vs IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Dragon Lee & Titan
Winners: LIJ after Shingo nailed Titan with a Clothesline in the corner, Naito followed with an Enziguri to the back of his head, before holding Titan in position, as Shingo hit the ropes and scored with The Pumping Bomber, following with the cover for a 2. Shingo fired up, pulled Titan in and hit The Last of the Dragon, holding on for the 3. (Really clean fun right here. Shingo makes the Lucha guys always look like a million buck and they return the favor when puts it on. Naito is a consummate pro and maintains balance even when shit starts to get out of hand.)
5) Best of the Super Juniors – B Block: BUSHI (10) vs Ren Narita (0)
Winner: BUSHI (2) after BUSHI drilled Narita with a Dropkick against the ropes, he followed with a Swinging Fisherman’s Neckbreaker and covered for a 2. BUSHI measured Narita, before charging in for a Lung Blower and then calling for the end, positioning on the middle turnbuckle, as Narita staggered to his feet, BUSHI scored with The MX and covered to get the win.
6) Best of the Super Juniors – B Block: Bandido (8) vs Rocky Romero (6)
Winner: Bandido (2) after Rocky connected with a European Uppercut and hit the ropes, Bandido caught him with a standing Pudgy Plex to get a 2! Bandido lifted Rocky up, hitting a Torture Rack spun into a Knee Strike, which sent Rocky to the ropes, allowing Bandido to follow with The 21 Plex and the pin.
7) Best of the Super Juniors – B Block: “The Sniper of the Skies” Robbie Eagles (10) vs IWGP Junior Tag Champion YOH (10)
Winner: YOH (2) after catching Eagles with a European Uppercut and an Enziguri, YOH hit the ropes, only for Eagles to stop him with his own Enziguri, YOH rolled through the ropes, but held on and slingshot back into a Superkick to Eagles, followed with a Bridged Dragon Suplex, picking up the 3.
8) Best of the Super Juniors – B Block: DOUKI (2) vs British Undisputed Cruiserweight Champion “The Headbanger” El Phantasmo (10)
Winner: Phantasmo (2) after DOUKI applied Sol Naciente, Phantasmo was able to get a foot on the ropes to break, DOUKI fired up and hit the ropes, only for Phantasmo to blast him with a big Dropkick! Phantasmo pulled DOUKI up and hit a Spinning Torture Rack Neckbreaker to get a close 2, with the crowd chanting for DOUKI, Phantasmo put the boots and kicks to DOUKI, before trading strikes, until Phantasmo pulled down DOUKI’s mask, kicked him in the gut and hit The CR2 to pick up the victory.
9) Best of the Super Juniors – B Block: “The Aerial Assassin” Will Ospreay (12) vs Ryusuke Taguchi (12)
Winner of this match, wins the B Block and gets a spot in the Final.
Winner: Ospreay (2) after taking Taguchi over with a One Man Spanish Fly and getting a 2, Ospreay went to the top and delivered a PERFECT Shooting Star Press, holding on for another 2! Ospreay called for the end and went for The Os Cutter, only Taguchi countered with a Backslide for a 2. Ospreay popped up and crushed Taguchi with a series of quick side kicks, before putting Taguchi down with The Storm Breaker and covering for the win! (FANTASTIC! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!)
Best of the Super Juniors Block Standings:
- Shingo Takagi – 18 points (9-0)
- Taiji Ishimori – 14 points (7-2)
- Dragon Lee – 14 points (7-2)
- SHO – 10 points (5-4)
- Marty Scurll – 10 points (5-4)
- Jonathan Gresham – 8 points (4-5)
- Titan – 6 points (3-6)
- Yoshinobu Kanemaru – 6 points (3-6)
- Tiger Mask – 4 points (2-7)
- TAKA Michinoku – 0 points (0-9)
- Will Ospreay – 14 points (7-2)
- Ryusuke Taguchi – 12 points (6-3)
- El Phantasmo – 12 points (6-3)
- BUSHI – 12 points (6-3)
- YOH – 12 points (6-3)
- Bandido – 10 points (5-4)
- Robbie Eagles – 10 points (5-4)
- Rocky Romero – 6 points (3-6)
- DOUKI – 2 points (1-8)
- Ren Narita – 0 points (0-9)