From Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan, June 16th 2019
1) Yuya Uemura vs Yota Tsuji
Winner: Tsuji after leveling Uemura with a Running Dropkick, Tsuji gave himself some time to recover, before pulling Uemura up for a big Turning Powerslam and covering for a 2. Tsuji hooked for a Boston Crab, but Uemura twisted into a cradle, getting a 2 and popping up with an elbow to Tsuji’s face. Uemura hit the ropes, only for Tsuji to rip him down with a Spear and then lock in a Boston Crab, battling for position, but pulling Uemura into the middle of the ring, forcing him to Tap Out. (The battle of the Young Lions is always worth your time. Simple and super effective. Great skill is easily identifiable from these guys, but the emotion and FIRE they show, brings so much to their matches.)
2) Six Man Tag match: NEVER Openweight Champion “The Stone Pitbull” Tomohiro Ishii, Tomoaki Honma & Ren Narita vs Suzuki-Gun (TAICHI, DOUKI & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Winners: after Narita dumped TAICHI with a Brainbuster and FIRED UP, Ren looked for a Belly to Belly Suplex, but TAICHI blocked and DOUKI entered to attack Ren. Narita fought off DOUKI and threw him with a Belly to Belly Suplex, before battling with TAICHI to apply a Boston Crab. Kanemaru entered the ring and stopped Narita’s attack, Narita fought off Kanemaru, until he was taken down with a Kitchen Sink, allowing TAICHI to score with a Basement Superkick and cover, only Honma dove in to break it up! Kanemaru got rid of Honma, as TAICHI tore off his pants and went at Ren, who countered with a School Boy for a 2, before ducking TAICHI’s Axe Bomber and using a Backslide for another 2! Narita hit the ropes and TAICHI crushed him with The Axe Bomber, covering for a 2, before stalking Ren and using a Superkick to put Narita down for the 3.
3) Six Man Tag match: NEVER Six Man Tag Champion Ryusuke Taguchi, Juice Robinson & Mikey Nicholls vs Bullet Club (Jado & IWGP Tag Team Champions The Guerillas of Destiny (“The Bad Boy” Tama Tonga & Tonga Loa)
Winners: Taguchi, Juice & Nicholls after Nicholls knocked down G.O.D with a Double Clothesline, he used a Slingshot Tope to take out Loa, just as Taguchi slid in the ring and went after Jado. Jado rolled Taguchi with a Victory Roll and pulled his tights, only Taguchi reversed the hold and SAT on Jado’s face, before using The Ankle Lock, forcing Jado to Tap Out.
4) Ten Man Tag match: Shota Umino, Tiger Mask, Jushin Thunder Liger, Yuji Nagata & Kota Ibushi vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (Testsuya Naito, BUSHI, “The King of Darkness” EVIL, SANADA & “The Dragon” Shingo Takagi)
Winners: LIJ after Shingo planted Umino with Noshigami, he pulled Shota up and signaled for the end, before hitting the ropes and leveling Umino with The Pumping Bomber, following with the pin. (Fun blend of great wrestlers. Naito’s lip got busted open.)
LIJ regrouped in the ring and all put their hands in, except for EVIL, who walked away!
G1 Block Announcements:
IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada
Undisputed British Heavyweight Champion Zack Sabre Jr.
Bad Luck Fale
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay
IWGP Intercontinental Champion Tetsuya Naito
NEVER Openweight Champion Tomohiro Ishii
IWGP United States Champion Jon Moxley
5) Six Man Tag match: Bullet Club (“Tokyo Pimp” Yujiro Takahashi, “The Crown Jewel” Chase Owens & “The Switchblade” Jay White w/Gedo & Peter) vs “The Ace of the Universe” Hiroshi Tanahashi & NEVER Six Man Tag Champions Togi Makabe & Toru Yano
Winners: Bullet Club after Yano sent Yujiro into the exposed corner, he side-stepped White, but Jay held-up and sent Yano crashing into the exposed corner, Tanahashi crashed in, but White moved and Yano took the Avalanche in the corner! White dumped Tanahashi with a Saito Suplex and then pulled up Togi, as Chase got to his feet, Makabe fought them off, until White got control and the BC brethren sent Togi into the ropes, attempting a Linked-Arm Double Clothesline, which Togi ran through, but hit Yujiro’s knee from the apron, distracting Makabe and allowing Chase to School Boy him up for the 3! (Fun as usual from this pairing of crews. Owens is the man and I am happy to see him get the pin.)
6) Six Man Tag match: Suzuki-Gun (Undisputed British Heavyweight Champion Zack Sabre Jr, Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer) vs IWGP Heavyweight Champion “The Rainmaker” Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI & Toa Henare
Winners: Suzuki-Gun after Suzuki wrapped Okada up in a Rear Naked Choke, ZSJ took down HASHI into an Ankle Lock, as Archer PLANTED Henare with a Chokeslam! Archer pulled Henare up and placed him on the top, following with The Blackout and the cover, only for Lance to pull Toa up at 2! Lance pulled Toa up and used The Brain Claw to take him back down and force the Tap Out. (Tease of Suzuki/Okada to start immediately hooks me deeper, as anything with ZSJ has my attention from the jump. Suzuki-Gun has enough of playing around and unleashes violence, which is always great. Violent, dick-head Zack is my favorite and he really turns it up with HASHI here. Suzuki had the Murder Grandpa turned the fuck up and with him not being in the G1, I am looking forward to a Summer of full-strength Suzuki. New finish for Archer, adding a Submission component before the G1.)
Suzuki cuts a promo, asking why he’s not in the G1! Thanks to Chris Charlton for translating on the fly.
7) IWGP Junior Tag Team Championship match: Roppongi 3k (SHO & YOH) © vs Bullet Club (Undisputed British Cruiserweight Champion “The Headbanger” El Phantasmo & “Bone Soldier” Taiji Ishimori)
Winners and NEW IWGP Jr Tag Team Champions: Bullet Club after Taiji threw SHO into Referee Red Shoes, Phantasmo punched YOH right in the nuts and after Phantasmo blasted SHO with a Superkick, Taiji used Cipher UTAKI on YOH, setting him up for The CR2 and pin by Phantasmo.