Name: Danny Hope
Weight: 12st 8lbs
Hometown: Hitchin, UK
1. When did you first become a wrestling fan?
I first became a wrestling fan when I watched WWF on cable TV years & years ago, watching the likes of Macho Man Randy Savage and Ultimate Warrior.
2. What moment did you realize that you wanted to be a wrestler?
When I was 21 a local wrestler came in to my parents shop in Wigan and we got talking about wrestling & he mentioned they had a training school, I went down, trained and within 2-3 weeks got put on a show (I was nowhere near show ready, in fact I was terrible) my parents came to the show and thought it was terrible and told me i was not to carry on wrestling anymore but as I drove home with my brother he turned to me and said “that was so cool” that’s the moment I knew I wanted to be a wrestler.
3. How did you go about getting trained to be a wrestler?
Pretty much the way I explained in question 2 but after maybe a month or so I decided to look elsewhere for training and found an online clip of Joey Hayes and Damon Leigh mat wrestling at GPW training school, so I got in touch with them and as they say the rest is history.
4. When did you make your debut and against who?
I made my ‘proper’ debut at a GPW trainee show in May 2004 against a wrestler called Jamie Flynt.
5. Who have you most enjoyed working with so far in the ring?
I’ve mostly enjoyed working with Joey Hayes and against Kris Travis & Martin Kirby.
6. Who would you love to work with in the future?
That’s an easy one, Rampage Brown (yep even after seeing the recent video PCW uploaded of him killing science fiction).
7. Who on the UK scene do you see as underrated?
Nobody really springs to mind as underrated per say, as I think most people rate the good wrestlers.
8. What promotion that you haven’t worked for yet in the UK would you love to work for?
I wouldn’t say I’d ‘love’ to work for anyone as I believe I already work and have worked for some of the best promotions in the UK. The only company that really interests me that I haven’t worked for would be Progress.
9. Do you watch much independent wrestling from around the world?
No, I don’t watch much of that at all, Its all pretty much the same as the indy stuff over here . I mainly watch old school WWF from the 80’s & early 90’s.
10. What do you think 2014 has in store for you?
I really don’t have a clue, anything is possible!
Thank you Danny
You can all follow me on Twitter @Craig_Jarrett